I'm talking about the mess on my desk! Between writing deadlines, research projects, and the dreaded income taxes, my office/writer's cave is OUT OF CONTROL!
|Not my real desk...I'd be too embarrassed to post a photo!|
Did you know that today is Organize Your Home Office Day? I didn't either. [Learn more here].
But there is no time like the present, so I am going to follow my own advice and start "taming my inner packrat."
I plan to do the following:
1. Remove all papers from my desk and organize them into neat "to file" piles.
2. File papers into labeled folders.
3. Put folders away in my filing cabinet.
4. Make notes in my daily print and online planner of important "to-do" tasks for the next week.
5. Get a big cup of coffee!
If you would like to join me, you can save $2.00 (TODAY ONLY) on my Genealogy Clutter Buster Boot Camp – Taming Your Inner Packrat (Digital Download) available through HackGenealogy.com. Use promo code ORGANIZE at checkout.
In this 90-minute boot camp, I cover:
- The pros and cons of going paperless
- A brief lesson on how to organize family history documents, photographs, for quick retrieval
- Stress-free filing strategies and creating checklists to stay on track
- Effective ways for distributing and sharing genealogical information with others
- Tools, apps and resources for taming your paper and electronic monsters
- And more....
In addition, you can get even more in-depth advice from the special issue on Organizing Your Genealogy I put together with my colleague, Denise Levenick (The Family Curator) for Internet Genealogy Magazine. To learn more or purchase the issue, click here.
Finally, you will find other organizational resources/products here.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a desk to clean!
[Disclosure: This blog post contains links to products I either produced or am an affiliate for, which means if you click on a link and make a purchase I will receive a commission.]
Copyright 2017, Lisa A. Alzo All Rights Reserved.