I've spent the past year sorting through personal papers, family photographs, books and other items that haven't seen the light of day in over 10 years. When you work in a field that is all about preserving the past, the lines often blur between being a genealogist and becoming a packrat. If you feel this way, then the Genealogy Clutter Buster Mini-Boot Camp could be the boost you need to be a better organized and more effective researcher. I have partnered with Thomas MacEntee of HackGenealogy and will be sharing my experiences and some of my favorite organizational tips and resources.
Here is the official announcement from HackGenealogy:
Taming Your Inner Packrat: Genealogy Clutter Buster Mini Boot Camp – Saturday, January 16, 2016
- How to organize family history documents, photographs, for quick retrieval
- The pros and cons of going paperless
- Stress-free filing strategies and creating checklists to stay on track
- Effective ways for distributing and sharing genealogical information with others
- Tools, apps and resources for taming your paper and electronic monsters